Italian Chef Razvan Cublesan's seasonal a la carte menu at The Ritz-Carlton Sanya, Yalong Bay
For the past decade, Sofia restaurant has invited guests of The Ritz-Carlton Sanya, Yalong Bay to experience a special journey to Italy. Fronting distinguished culinary finesse, Sofia is the perfect place for food and wine lovers, or for important decision-makers – be it a business deal, or a romantic proposal. A huge Italian wall mosaic forms the principal design feature of this cozy venue, while the show-kitchen enables guests to watch the chefs in action. An outdoor “Chef’s Table” cabana boasts exquisite ocean views; making an unforgettable dining experience for couples. Finally, those seeking for ultimate privacy, will find refuge in “Teresa” dining room, that can host private parties of up to 16 guests at one and the same long table, in a dramatic setting of vibrant colors, lights, and arts, bringing a unique lifestyle concept.
Guests of The Ritz-Carlton Sanya, Yalong Bay can now look forward to discovering one of the rising stars of Italian & Mediterranean cuisine: Chef Razvan Cublesan. Razvan worked his way up at a string of exceptional restaurants across Europe, honoring Italian regional staples at San Benedetto; creating fusion cuisine under La Pergola – an iconic three Michelin-Star restaurant in the capital city of Rome; and Mediterranean fine dining at Gusto restaurant in Algarve, Portugal – where Chef Razvan Cublesan contributed to the restaurant’s first Michelin-Star accolade.
In celebration of the time-honoured traditions of both Italy and China, Chef Razvan Cublesan has launched a seasonal a la carte menu, combining influences from the Mediterranean region and inspirations from Hainan tropical coastline. Here, Razvan is able to create incomparable Italian haute cuisine, by providing a narrative of his island exploration for the delight of both locals and guests traveling from afar. The menu includes a selection of traditional-oven baked artisanal pizzas, comforting soups, and other signature dishes, such as:
• For Antipasti – a slow-cooked squid ring, pappa al pomodoro stuffing, lobster maltodextrin, and tomato-infused water will be the chef’s recommendation to start a spectacular dining experience.
• A seafood risotto topped with silk-like parsley sauce, or a no-lesser indulgent lobster tagliatelle finished with roasted red pepper and Chef Cublesan’s burrata foam will compose some of the creative choices of Pasta & Risotto.
• For Main Course – meat-lovers will be delighted to see their cutlery upgraded with some finely sharped knives. Chef Razvan brings the incomparable meat-experience of a seared Wagyu oyster blade M9+, complimented with beetroot puree, and a local combination of roast pak choi and peppers demi glaze.
• As per tradition, Chef Razvan Cublesan would not leave his guests without offering Dessert. The selection includes a signature Tiramisu with coffee infusion, cocoa crumbles and a scoop of homemade chocolate ice cream. And for those intolerant to caffeine, they can rejoice in another signature creation with the Mille Feuilles, which is served with diplomat vanilla cream, fresh strawberries, and a scoop of homemade raspberry sorbet.
• Along with these individual delights, guests may also be tempted to enjoy some larger Sharing For Two options, and rewarded with some succulent pleasures, such as a grilled lobster in Mediterranean style, served with field salad, parsnip puree, and reduced lobster bisque.
Following the re-invention of Sofia seasonal menu, Chef Razvan Cublesan commented: “I impersonate my cuisine with the essence of exceptional food. This inspires me to source only the finest local ingredients, and capture their unique flavours with a mix of traditional and forward cooking techniques, in order to provide guests with unprecedented tastes. At the same time, we take diners’ feedback to heart, adapting and honing the details to meet their needs.”
The Ritz-Carlton Sanya, Yalong Bay
Address: Yalong Bay National Resort District, Sanya 三亚市亚龙湾国家旅游度假区
Tel: +86-898 8898 8888