Sanya's adjustments to COVID-19 prevention and control measures
Notice on adjusting epidemic prevention and control measures from the Sanya City Headquarters for COVID-19 Prevention and Control
1. The general public and tourists shall refer to the following document: “Scientific Mask-wearing Guidelines for the Public.” The document was issued by the National Health Commission. Members of the public should also refer to the “Guidelines for Public Health” issued by the Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters of Hainan Province. These documents explain how individuals can scientifically adjust mask usage according to place, number of personnel, and risk of epidemic.
People do not need to wear masks under these circumstances:
- When by themselves (at home, while driving, while cycling, etc.)
- When in outdoor areas where there are no crowds or few people around (scenic spots, beaches, parks, construction sites, fields, etc.)
- When near others at a distance of less than one meter but without making physical contact and in a well ventilated environment.
- When doing outdoor activities (walking, running, cycling, mountaineering, etc.)
2. Residents and tourists are encouraged to go out to enjoy Sanya’s beautiful scenery including its sunshine, beaches, and sea water. However, members of the public should bring masks with them when they go out, and avoid crowded places.
Officials at all levels should take the lead in visiting scenic spots, restaurants, shopping malls, supermarkets, and other places during their down time, guiding the masses to restore confidence, helping enterprises gain confidence, and boosting consumption and the economy.
3. Indoor and outdoor public places and business venues (scenic spots, hotels, shopping malls, supermarkets, restaurants, etc.) may resume normal business operations while continuing to take preventive measures, such as temperature detection, cleaning and disinfection, and ventilation.
4. The government will accelerate the comprehensive resumption of work and production while maintaining epidemic prevention and control measures. The government will push forward the implementation of preferential policies, coordinating and solving problems in a timely manner to ensure that both prevention and control of the epidemic and the resumption of work go smoothly at the same time.
5. Public transportation services are fully restored. Epidemic-prevention measures such as disinfection and ventilation shall be carried out well in public transport vehicles.
By Sanya City Headquarters Office of COVID-19 Prevention and Control
March 21st, 2020