Sanya tourism performances over 2019 National Day holiday
Sanya received a total of 724,000 visitors during the 2019 National Day holiday, up 1.55 percent year-on-year. Tourism revenue reached RMB 5.621 billion, a year-on-year increase of 17.64 percent.
Hotel occupancy rate
The hotel room occupancy rate across the city averaged 67.9 percent, a year-on-year decrease of 1.21 percent.
The average hotel room rates and average hotel occupancy rates in four major bays and the downtown area:
Yalong Bay (RMB 1,475; 73.39 percent)
Haitang Bay (RMB 1,330; 67.9 percent)
Sanya Bay (RMB 575; 74.95 percent)
Dadonghai (RMB 580; 73.45 percent)
Downtown area (RMB 360; 46.92 percent)
Domestic & int’l tourist arrivals
Sanya Yalong Bay Tropical Paradise Forest Park (Photo by Huang Qingyou)
During the 2019 National Day holiday, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong, Chongqing and Jiangsu were the top five province (cities) of domestic visitors to Sanya.
As for tourist arrivals from the overseas countries and regions, the top five sources were Russia, South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Kazakhstan.
Tourist arrivals at major attractions
Major scenic spots and rural sites in Sanya together received a total of 747,900 visitors. The tourist arrivals at the major scenic spots in Sanya:
- Nanshan Tourism Culture Zone (118,200 visitors)
- Wuzhizhou Island (62,700 visitors)
- Sanya Yalong Bay Tropical Paradise Forest Park (72,900 visitors)
- Sanya Tianya Haijiao Scenic Spot (82,400 visitors)
- Sanya Romance Park (185,200 visitors)
- Sanya Dongtian Park (14,500 visitors)
- Luhuitou Park (23,200 visitors)
- West Island (12,000 visitors)
- Atlantis Sanya resort complex (79,400 visitors)
- Haichang Fantasy Town (56,400 visitors)
Wuzhizhou Island received a total of 62,700 visitors during the 2019 National Day holiday.
Sanya Tianya Haijiao Scenic Spot celebrated the PRC‘s 70th Founding Anniversary.
The development of nighttime entertainment at Sanya Haichang Fantasy Town enriches citizens’ consumption choices and attracts visitors.
Major rural sites in Sanya together received a total of 38,000 visitors.
The tourist arrivals at the rural sites in Sanya:
- Sanya Yalong Bay International Rose Valley (25,900 visitors)
- Sanya Haitang Bay National Paddy Field Park (8,900 visitors)
- Zhongliao Village (2,500 visitors)
Air & rail passenger throughput
Further, from September 30th to October 6th, 2019, the city handled 686,000 passengers, a year-on-year decrease of 3.09 percent.
During the same period, the Sanya Phoenix International Airport operated a total of 2,217 flights and passenger throughput reached 377,300.
The Sanya Railway Station saw 308,700 passengers, a year-on-year decrease of 5.53 percent.
Wuzhizhou Island is creating more eye-catching tourism products with distinctive features to attract visitors.
Per-capita consumption of overnight visitors was RMB 2,007 per day during the holiday, and per-capita consumption of one-day tour visitors reached RMB 782.78.